Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:27:53 +0100
From:      Bohdan Horst <nexus@irc.pl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600 (Type 2645) & display settings & sound

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 10:48:41AM -0800, paul beard wrote:
> Chris Doherty wrote:
> >On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 12:26:44PM +0100, Baas van Grat said:
>
> >there's no problems running, but there is a seemingly intractable bug in
> >the interaction of the sound driver and APM--if you suspend the system,
> >sound doesn't work when it wakes up. I asked freebsd-mobile@ and the
> >information (including from Warner Losh) was that the pcm driver is not
> >APM-aware, and I'm not sure if it's even possible to fix.
> >
> >I also haven't had any luck running pcm/csa as loadable modules, although
> >other people did, so it's possible I gave up too soon.
> >

> I have found that keeping csa and pcm out of the kernel config and
> doing the loading/unloading by hand is the only reliable way to
> ensure sound works across a suspend/resume. I monkeyed with
> rc.suspend/resume but one panic and reboot was enough to keep me
> out of that.
>
> This is on a TPad A20m 2628-4CU.

TP 600X 2645-EYG

RELENG4

rc.suspend:
 logger -t apmd suspend at `date +'%Y%m%d %H:%M:%S'`
+kldunload snd_csa
 sync && sync && sync

rc.resume:
 sync && sync && sync
+kldload snd_csa
 exit 0

and works fine :)

btw: i had some panics/lockdowns with pcmcia power down added to rc.*
(to suspend with AC)

best regards

--
 /  irl: Bohdan 'Nexus' Horst  |  irc: Nexus  \