Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:55:37 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [bsd-advocacy] Re: Draft: Proposed FreeBSD PubRelproject	Charter

On 2003-01-30 15:37, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Stacy Olivas wrote:
> > > When I corrected the formatting, so that people didn't reject
> > > your message by not reading it past the point of noting the bad
> > > formatting, the message was rejected by one of the lists you
> > > cross-posted to.
> >
> > Hmm...
>
> The bsd-advocacy list at Daemon News is a closed list, not open to
> postings from people not on that list.  Severaly messages were
> cross-posted to that list and to this one.  Replies by readers on
> this list to those postings, if those readers are not also members
> of that list, result in a moderator intercept for the message on
> that list, and an automatic nasty-gram back to the sender.  FWIW.

The bsd-advocacy list is an "only members can post" list, which is a
nice way to fight spam.  But, cross-posting is nasty.  I just hit 'g'
in mutt to reply to a crosspost.  The message reached freebsd-advocacy
fine, but I got a reply back from the bsd-advocacy list manager saying
"Your message awaits moderator approval".

I'm not one who likes forcing his opinion on the bsd-advocacy owner(s),
but everyone should either discuss things here (in freebsd-advocacy)
or there (on bsd-advocacy).  I'd probably prefer the former list
though, since the freebsd-advocacy list is open to everyone and the
occasional lurker who reads threads but doesn't reply to each and
every post might have things to post that are well thought out and
worthy of mentioning/discussing.

- Giorgos