Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2003 17:35:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: (pr 31254) "libgcj.spec missing"

Hi,

Doesn't work for me neither. But that's no surprise.
From /usr/ports/lang/gcc32/Makefile:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-libgcj        # does not bootstrap now

That's why the installed binaries do not support java. Unfortunately, I
haven't had the time to test it by modifying the Makefile. I would really
love to have a java source to native binary compiler with FreeBSD but I
haven't got enough time to get involved in the process for now. What
really suprises me is that Windows has gcj working (with cygwin) and
not FreeBSD. But sooner or later we will get a working gcj on our favored
system too. ;)

Regards,

Herve