Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:48:53 +0100
From:      Frank Bonnet <frankb@dmon.esiee.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   homedirs access thru FTP

Hi

I have a problem at 4.6.2 with FTP.

The machine is our FTP server, it handle FTP transferts
for all of our users ( inland and ouland )

All home directories are NFS mounted to a Netapp Filer.

The problem is that SOME users cannot access to their
home directories.

With the std FreeBSD FTPd daemon they are logged at "/"
and they have to manually go into their homedir.

With pure-ftpd it refuses to let them loggin in
saying they have no homedir.

I've identified the cause of problem.

ONLY users that have 700 chmod their root directory
are concerned.

It does not happen thru "telnet" "su" or "ssh" accesses.

Any idea to fix this problem ?

Thanks