Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:54:01 +0200
From:      Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        dillon@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dillon@'s commit bit: I object

I don't think that reason for removing dillon@'s commit bit is very
secret. Why it was not publishied, only Message-Id: from closed
developers@ list?

I think we (FreeBSD users/contributors community) need to know why. I
suspect it was a some internal war (maybe offending postings/commit
logs/etc) I don't know exactly what it was. I don't think it was enough
to remove his commit bit. With that reason we then should also remove
obrien@'s commit bit (he also was a little bit offending sometimes).

But, I think it is not the right way to solve any problems. We are
living in civilized world, we have tongue, not fingers (to commit
removal from access) to solve conflicts.

Please, either disclose the reason for dillon@'s commit bit removal with
explanations or give it back to him or I will switch to linux.

P.S. Dillon, thank you for you work and I hope that you will continue to
help improving it. Your patch for unionfs works perfectly here in almost
production environment!

--
NEVE-RIPE, will build world for food
Ukrainian FreeBSD User Group