Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 14:38:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@scms.utmb.EDU>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

On  3 Feb, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr> writes:
>> [why was Matt Dillon's commit bit removed]
>
> Short version: there was a difference of opinions.
>
> As for the long version - there are probably as many versions of this
> story as there are people involved in it.
>
> My advice is to let it lie.
>
> DES

I'm afraid that just won't do.  The _USERS_ deserve a better
explanation than that for removal of one of the, if not the, most
productive developers of the project.  The hubris of keeping this
secret is really beyond the pale, folks.  This is the kind of attitude
that generates forks.

Will anyone comment on how well NetBSD runs on Intel hardware?
Just in case.

M. L. Dodson; now going back to lurking.

--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790