Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:02:17 -0500
From:      stan <stanb@awod.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CUPS instalation question

I have a 47. STABLE system that I recently cvsup'd and did a make world.
Now I;ve built cups-base, and cups-lpr from the ports.

I'm able to send a test page  to a printer using the web interface, but I'm
having trouble making things work from the command line, and I suspect that
I have somehow gotten a mix of the lp* commands from the base system, and
the ones from cups.

What's the best way to make certain I have removed all traces of lp* from
the base system? I've already altered /etc/make.conf to avoid building the
base systems lp stuff in the future, but I don't think a new make world will
_remove_ existing stuff, right?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin