Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:51:38 -0700
From:      James Earl <mtntrip@telus.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Handling more than one build

I'm working on a port which includes a php extension in the distribution.

Before the php extension can be built (in a sub-directory off of WRKSRC), gmake has to be run in the WRKSRC to create a library dependency.  Then to build the php extension, I run phpize, configure, and make.

Is there a way to do this in the port Makefile, or, should I be modifying the distributions Makefile to build the php extension as well?  I'm a bit of a novice at this, so I don't really want to go out on a limb and say the distributions Makefile is garbage... but, maybe it is?!

I haven't been able to find any information regarding this in the Porter's Handbook, or bsd.port.mk.