Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:56:12 +0100
From:      Andrea Franceschini <andrea.franceschini@postecom.it>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Wireless PCI card

Hi All!

Browsing trough the mailing-list archive i've found a thread about a problem really similar to mine ( actually it was the same).
But, as often happen, that thread didn't have any follow-up.

This is part of the thread:

Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> wrote:
>* Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca> [011227 21:39] wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 11:31:43AM -0800, Brooks Davis wrote:
>> > On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 12:10:32PM -0700, Chad David wrote:
>> >
>> > What you'll want to do is edit src/sys/dev/wi/if_wi.c, add an appropriate
>> > entry to the definition of pci_ids for your card, and recompile your
>> > kernel.  If that works, you're all set.
>> >

>> I took the advice, and now the attach is failing because the card doesn't
>> appear to have any I/O Space (WI_PCI_IORES).  Both the local registers and
>> attribute memory are in the resource list, but no IO space.  I've debugged
>> it to the limits of my ability, and now any advice on how to continue would
>> be welcome.
>>
>> hacked dmesg out:
>>
>> wi0: <SOHOWARE NCP130 PCI IEEE 802.11b> port 0xa400-0xa43f,0xa800-0xa80f irq 10 at device 11.0 on pci0
>> wi0: about to call wi_alloc(dev, WI_PCI_IORES)
>> wi0: type=1 rid=0
>> wi0: type=4 rid=24
>> wi0: type=4 rid=20
>> wi0: type = 4, rid = 28
>> wi0: No I/O space?!
>> device_probe_and_attach: wi0 attach returned 6
>>
>> Brooks is probably at home with his family, and not reading his email like
>> a sensible person, so I thought I would toss this out to the members at
>> large again,  and see if anybody had any ideas... Alfred?  you are the last
>> person to touch if_wi.c, doesn't that make it yours ;-).
>
>hahaha, no.
>
>Uh, it looks like you don't have the standard PCI card that people
>are getting, mine looks like this:
>wi0: <PRISM2STA PCI WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> port 0xff00-0xff3f,0xfc00-0xfc7f mem 0xffbee000-0xffbeefff irq 11 at device 13.0 on pci0
>
>The fact that your card doesn't have a memory map concerns me that
>it's not what we're expecting.  Where is the vendor's website?
>Can you ask them for more info?

I'm wondering if, by now, someone resolved this issue and how.

The thing really strange about all this ,is that the card is among those declared as supported by 'wi' driver.
I tried  troubleshooting the problem on my own ,but i miss the very basilar knowledge about the PCI addressing... so if you cannot help me with problem i would appreciate any hints/links about PCI programming..

Thanks.