Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 07:47:55 +0200
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>, Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: r1.322 of src/Makefile.inc1

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 12:07:01AM +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:50:37PM +0000, Ceri Davies wrote:
> >
> > Was this behaviour from mergemaster intended ?
> >

> >   *** Displaying differences between ./etc/login.conf.db and installed version:
> >
> > Binary files /etc/login.conf.db and ./etc/login.conf.db differ
> >
> >   Use 'd' to delete the temporary ./etc/login.conf.db
> >   Use 'i' to install the temporary ./etc/login.conf.db
> >   Use 'm' to merge the temporary and installed versions
> >   Use 'v' to view the diff results again
> >
> >   Default is to leave the temporary file to deal with by hand
> >
> > How should I deal with this? [Leave it for later] d
> >
> >    *** Deleting ./etc/login.conf.db
> >
> Sorry, I don't use mergemaster(8) so I can't say.  Doug was
> all for this change, so he may be of some help here.

I think it is because previously login.conf.db was optional. Now it
is kind of forced on you because all installations will have it. So
either you have to remember to delete it or remember to update it
after login.conf has changed. FWIW I never used login.conf.db on
any of my machines because the system can read login.conf already
and I don't maintain high login rate machines.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org