Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:13:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      IAccounts <iaccounts@northnetworks.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ether_input: drop bdg packet

I have 5.0 running as a bridge/ipfw firewall configuration, which is
seemingly working very well in an ISP environment. However, there is
something that I don't know if it is an error, or normal. On the console,
I get the following message many times per second:

ether_input: drop bdg packet

I am suspecting that this is just a logging issue within part of the
bridge/ipfw code, but I would like some feeback if possible to what
exactly this is for.

I have looked through bridge.c, ipfw.c, bpf.c, bpf_filter.c and many
others for the answer. There is much reference to DROP in bridge.c, but
nothing that looks like the console message. I would really like to find
out why this is happening, and how to make some changes, so I would
appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of the code for
this as opposed to or in addition to the answer.

Tks greatly!

Steve