Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:25:04 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@estcard.ee>
To:        marcus@freebsd.org
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkgconfig build fails in clean environment

Hi

Perhaps you all remember my problems with pkgconfig a week ago, it's
still there and _now_ I don't understand at all how it works for you
guys. I built my new workstation yesterday, installed 5.0-RELEASE
=66rom the official mini-iso, then cvsupped both src and ports to
latest (of yesterdays). Built world and kernel, installed both,
rebooted. Then tried to build my workstation bundle port and it
failed on the same place with same failure as before.
I got tired and removed _all_ my customisations and cleaned up. It
means that I did:

su -    # root environment and shell are untouched (default)
rm /etc/make.conf
pkg_delete -a
cd /usr/ports
find . -type d -name "work" | xargs rm -r
rm -rf /usr/local/*
rm -rf /usr/X11R6/*
cd /etc/mtree
mtree -deU -f BSD.local.dist -p /usr/local
mtree -deU -f BSD.x11-4.dist -p /usr/X11R6

Now it's clean as baby after bath.
cd /usr/ports/devel/pkgconfig
make package

and watch it fail.