Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2003 14:19:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Georgi Hristov <tweaky_81@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird boot loader

I have a question ....
When I boot my system it does not boot automatically,
but instead presents me with a choice of FreeBSD and
Disk1 .... i don't have anything bootable on disk1 ..
that's my home directory ... I just don't get it ...
why does it do this ...it did not use to do it with
4.7 but now after the upgrade [I did a fresh install]
it presents me with this option....

This is kind of a problem to me, because I cannot
restart the system over the network, since it waits on
somebody to push F1 [for FreeBSD] or F5[for Disc1].
When I push F1 everything after that loads
automatically .. :((((

Is this some kind of bootloader that has been
installed. I don't need bootloaders ... i have 3 disks
and all of them a dedicated to FreeBSD, the only OS on
this server.  How can I get rid of that booloader or
whatever it is.  I want to boot directly from the MBR
of Disc0.

Thanks in advance.

http://tax.yahoo.com