Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 09:26:11 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/ia64 5.1-BETA Hardware Notes Page Preview

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

If memory serves me right, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> I would also suggest to remove headings for which we don't have
> a body. In the final version of course. This removes 3.3-3.7,
> 3.9-3.10 and 3.12-3.14. I don't think we don't support ISDN
> devices or FDDI or Firewire, but we simply don't know. Better
> to leave things unsaid...

Hi Marcel--

This problem has been bothering me for a long time too, but it'll be
hard to fix, due to some really bizarre design choices I made when I
first SGML-ified this document and tried to make it more MI.  It has
to do with the way that we turn text on and off for different
architectures.  I probably ranted on this on the doc@ list several
times.

Bottom line:  It's probably not anything that Jim can do anything
about...sorry about that.  :-(

Bruce.

PS.  We could *insert* some MD text into those sections so that they
are not empty, but I can't make the section headings go away.

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--