Date:      Tue, 27 May 2003 09:33:36 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
Subject:   Re: ACPI working much better on IBM T30

> From: Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
> Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 17:32:39 -0700
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > I just updated the embedded controller firmware on my T30 and ACPI
> > works! It still has some problems and oddities, but it's functional. I
> > need to tinker with the sleep switch and lid switch settings.
> >
> > In any case, this is significant progress. Thanks to IBM for working on
> > this.
>
> How are you getting your BIOS updated without Windows?  Are you dual booting,
> or is this runnable from a DOS diskette?

I dual boot, but the BIOS update is available as a floppy
image.

N.B. For most newer ThinkPads, the ACPI code is a separate update. You
update the Embedded Controller software first, then update the
BIOS. Both are available as floppy images or from as network installs
from Windows.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)