Date:      Sat, 5 Jul 2003 01:30:46 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Variable NFS mounts / firewall rules.

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 07:32:48AM +0100, lewiz wrote:
> My question is therefore: is it possible that I could write either a) a
> new script to go in /etc/rc.d to perform different NFS mounting based on
> my ``location'' (i.e. IP address

I am working towards a more or less complete 'laptop multihoming'
solution that fits in the base system (probably plus an optional
port). It is a somewhat complicated task, but I am confident I will
have a working solution available in a few weeks (think 5 to 8).

Have a look at http://netprofile.fsck.ch for some info about the
features I imagine.

You can also subscribe to the FreeBSD-rc mailinglist
(http://groups.yahoo.com) if you want to help test alpha versions
(first one out in a week or so).

cheers, t.