Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:25:43 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bento fails to properly refetch after checksum mismatch

--OwLcNYc0lM97+oe1

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:17:13PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Currently the bento cluster keeps reporting checksum mismatches for
> devel/sgb on a (nearly) daily base, even though I updated the port
> about two weeks ago, after upstream sources were "silently" modified.
>=20
> (Cf. http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/gerald@freebsd.org.html)
>=20
> The problem is that after the checksum mismatch bento tries to refetch
> the sources, but ftp://ftp-master.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/
> still has the old version and thus also the second attempt fails:
>=20
>   >> Checksum mismatch for sgb.tar.gz.
>   =3D=3D=3D>  Refetch for 1 more times files: sgb.tar.gz
>   >> sgb.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /tmp/distfiles/.
>   >> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp-master.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/po=
rts/distfiles//.
>   >> Checksum mismatch for sgb.tar.gz.
>   =3D=3D=3D>  Giving up on fetching files: sgb.tar.gz
>=20
> Is there anything I can do about this (like removing the bad distfiles
> from ftp-master)?

You have a couple of options:

1) Just ignore it.  Every few weeks I do a build run fetching from the
original master sites and then refresh the distfiles onto ftp-master.

2) Beat the developers over the head for not using a versioned distfile.

3) Use DIST_SUBDIR=3D${PORTNAME} or a variation so that when you update
the distfile (with associated PORTVERSION/REVISION bump) it will be
stored into a new location, and won't collide with an existing
distfile on bento.

Kris

--OwLcNYc0lM97+oe1

--OwLcNYc0lM97+oe1--