Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:43:53 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Bruno Afonso <brunomiguel@dequim.ist.utl.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1-CURRENT: libkse / libthr and SCHED_4BSD / SCHED_ULE

On (2003/07/22 13:35), Bruno Afonso wrote:

> >I'm just wondering whether anyone's had any joy with Java and the
> >alternative thread support emerging in -CURRENT.
>
> I don't think it's supposed to even work at the moment. I've been using
> java 1.4.1 for development but until I set up libmap.conf to use libc_r
> I always got into trouble :)

Interesting.  I've just tried IntelliJ IDEA 3.0 with both libkse and
libthr, and haven't had any weirdness for pretty big builds.

If nobody else has any timing info, I'll do some serious timing of a few
ant builds.  The project I'm working on makes use of parallelism in the
build, so it'll be a decent test.

Ciao,
Sheldon.