Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:09:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Schalk Erasmus <schalk@home.incredible.com.na>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Urgent BSD - SendMail Query

Schalk Erasmus wrote to freebsd-isp@freebsd.org:

> Hi,
>
> I urgently need to setup a SendMail Server to reroute (relay) all
> e-mails (detined for certain domains) to another Mail Server.
>
> However, I've not setup SendMail before, and need some pointers.
>
> I looked at the .MC file, with no refference to domains, and or relay
> options.

Easy. Look up /etc/mail/relaydomains and /etc/mail/mailertable

relaydomains:	domain1.com
		domain2.net
		domain3.ca

mailertable:	domain3.ca	smtp:mail.domain3.ca
		.		smtp:mail.someotherdomain.com

In the above configuration, mail for domain3.ca is forwarded to the
server mail.domain3.ca. Mail for all other domains listed in
relaydomains is then forwarded to mail.someotherdomain.com.

This email is really no substitute for the Sendmail documentation, and
this doesn't have much to do with FreeBSD.. but this should get you
going. :-)

- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon