Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:30:25 -0500
From:      Brian Cremeans <khan@rossby.metr.ou.edu>
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   possible scsi problem with adaptec 7982 smp

Hello,

I have been reading the list archives and have yet to come to a solution, so i hope that sending a message can at least point me in the right direction.

I am trying to run a smp kernel using either freebsd 4.8 or 5.1 (so far have had identical results) with an gateway 935 server with onboard scsi 7892 card and dual P3 chips.  Every kernel I have compiled with smp, gets to the Waiting for scsi drives to settle, sends the bus reset, and hangs.

I thought it might be an IRQ problem, but my efforts in that area have thus far been fruitless.

I thank you for the help.

Brian L. Cremeans
University of Oklahoma