Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:00:26 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        Tenebrae <tenebrae_BSD@niceboots.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [releng_4 tinderbox] failure on alpha/alpha

> > > Is it normal to receive this?
> >
> > When -stable doesn't build, yes. :)
> >
> > Note this is on alpha.
>
> I think he's just voicing what I've been thinking for the last week or so.
> "What the heck are these tinderbox messages and why am I receiving them??"

Some people apparently feel it's appropriate to spam a general-purpose
mailing list full of humans with (sometimes many) messages from a bot
reporting errors that most of the audience can't do anything about,
instead of mailing only committers (who can), or using a dedicated list
for the purpose.

The same thing started in -PORTS quite some time ago, where I find
personally find that it generates more cr@p than the real traffic at
times.

As always, if you don't agree with other people's assessment of what you
should have in your mail folders, procmail is your friend. Plonk it and
get on with life.

I trust that garbage doesn't make it to the mail archives though. That
would be more than slightly pathetic.

Cheers,

AS