Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:31:34 -0700
From:      Peter Losher <Peter_Losher@isc.org>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.1-REL locks up w/ a SMP Kernel

I have a Rackable Systems 1U here that I am trying to get a SMP kernel
running on,  It has dual PIII 1GHz CPU's on a Tyan Thunder LE-T v10.7
motherboard (with ServerWorks chips strewn all over).  A uni-processor
kernel works just fine, but when I bring out a SMP-aware kernel, it
boots until:

unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery

And that's when it locks up.  The first for lines are there with both
kernels, the APIC_IO line obviously only shows up when SMP is turned on.
Any ideas on what may be going on here?

Best Wishes - Peter Losher
--
Peter_Losher@isc.org | ISC | OpenPGP 0xE8048D08 | "The bits must flow"