Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:38:14 +0200
From:      Morten Rodal <morten@rodal.no>
To:        threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for thread testers: XMMS

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 11:27:04AM +0200, Morten Rodal wrote:
> I have tried to run xmms with libkse on both a SMP (Dual P2 300MHz)
> and on my laptop (P4 1.7GHz).   Unfortunately I must report that the
> results are better with libc_r.
>=20
> When xmms starts to play any type of sound I can hear spikes and other
> distortions in the sound.  This happens regardless of the load of the
> machine, and it does not help to increase the buffer size.  However,
> after a while the spikes get less frequent.
>=20
> I will try libthr when I get home later today and see if it works
> better than libkse.
>=20

I am happy(?) to report that the clicks, spikes and other digital
noises are still present using libc_r.  After careful listening I can
still occationaly hear them, but not nearly as frequent as with libkse
or libthr.

Someone on current@ have reported problems with sound, so it might not
be threading related after all.  Now all I have to do is get Mozilla
Firebird working with libkse and I'm all set :)

--=20
Morten Rodal

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz--