Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:09:53 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   how to deal with missing +CONTENTS (or how to use cvsweb)

Hi!

I had some problems with my /var/db/pkg and lost a few
+CONTENTS files. I now want to pkg_delete those ports and
reinstall them.

Problem obviously is that I need a +CONTENTS file for
pkg_delete to work. I can delete files manually, if I had a
pkg-plist for the version I have installed.

The problems are as far as I could get with imake-4.2.0_1
and tcl-8.0.5.

Now, I thought that I could go to cvsweb and look for
imake-4.2.0_1 and be done. However it seems that I can only
get to files based on their revision or CVS tags. Am I
missing something?

If I'm correct and -4.2.0_1 means PORTVERSION=4.2.0 and
PORTREVISION=1, I think that revision 1.22 of the imake-4
Makefile could be the one I need. However, later revisions
(up to 1.25) also match 4.2.0_1.

Question: how do I get to the pkg-plist corresponding to
this Makefile? They don't share the revision number, were
not modified at similar dates ...

I hope you see my confusion. If you have ideas on how to
better use cvsweb, I'd be glad to hear them.

Also, if you happen to know of a better way of deinstalling
files for which no +CONTENTS is available, and from a port
that is currently at a newer version, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Fernan

--
F e r n a n   A g u e r o