Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:36:46 +0200
From:      Rudolf Cejka <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with cvsup updates from ftp-master.FreeBSD.org

Hello,
  since some time, I see following error in my cvsup logs from
ftp-master.FreeBSD.org:

Updating collection ftp-development/all
Updating collection ftp-others/all
 Rmdir FreeBSD/misc
Cannot remove directory "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD-archive.all/FreeBSD/misc": Directory not empty
Finished successfully

When I remove sup.client/ftp-others/checkouts.all, remove FreeBSD/misc/supfile
and FreeBSD/misc, and run cvsup in full mode, first update is successfull:

Updating collection ftp-development/all
Updating collection ftp-others/all
 Mkdir FreeBSD/misc
 Create FreeBSD/misc/supfile
Finished successfully

But the next cvsup update again returns to its error message.
During my tests, I even got this log:

Updating collection ftp-development/all
Updating collection ftp-others/all
 Create FreeBSD/misc/supfile
 Rmdir FreeBSD/misc
Cannot remove directory "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD-archive.all/FreeB
SD/misc": Directory not empty
Finished successfully

:o)

Does anybody have the same problems? Does anybody know, what to do with this?

Furthermore, FreeBSD/misc has drwx------. We have talked just about
others permissions, that they should pass through mirrors. However, we
have not talked about group permissions very much. At now, I have cvsup
and cvsupd under different users and the same group, so anything without
group permissions could not be mirrored from ftp-master.cz. Should I run
cvsup and cvsupd under the same user, or user permissions without group
permissions should not be on ftp-master? Some time, I even saw d---------,
which is bad for cvsup in any case, and when directory with these
permissions is mirrored, I have to fix it by hand, so I think that
d--------- and maybe drwx------ should not be allowed on ftp-master,
or the problem is/would be just in my configuration?

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology