Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:57:18 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ab.ca>
To:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP Laserjet 1200 on USB

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Kirk Strauser wrote:

> When I bought my Laserjet 1200SE about a year ago, FreeBSD wasn't capable of
> using its USB interface.  I see no indication that this has changed.  Is
> anybody working on this as a personal project?  Is there any general
> progress on it?

I was never able to get mine working under 4.X (4.7 was the last I tried).
Under 5.1 it works flawlessly:

FreeBSD gandalf.orthanc.ab.ca 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #1: Mon Aug
25 16:03:55 MDT 2003

Perhaps not the answer you wanted, but at least you know there is hope.
(Maybe you can install 5.1 on a spare junker.)

> Basically, parallel printing 50MB Postscript files is killing me.

--lyndon

The longest UNIX error code is ENAMETOOLONG.