Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:09:33 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: www/en/search site.map web.atoz www/en/gifs newslet2.jpg newslett.jpg www/en publish.sgml

--kVXhAStRUZ/+rrGn

On 2003.10.17 18:53:35 +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 07:46:43PM +0200, Josef El-Rayes wrote:
> > Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net> wrote:
> > > I'm very tempted to send the Magazines and CDROMs sections the same w=
ay.
> > > Comments?
> >=20
> > i just wanted to mail in a suggestion to update the site.=20
> > i would remove outdated books, add their successors and the new books,
> > and also a bit or reorganization on the page.
> >=20
> > if this is wanted, i will start the work on weekend.
> > i like the idea of the page, to show available stuff with images, do you
> > really want to remove it?
>=20
> Not particularly; I just don't want it to rot.
> Having said that, I'm not sure what value the CDROM section adds and I
> still think that should go.

I think the old covers are interesting in a historic perspective, so I
think it would be nice to preserve the cover images somewhere, but I
agree that they are not teribly usefull in their current location.  In
other words, I think the CDROM section should go, and then at some point
perhaps someone can pull the images/descriptions out of CVS and make
some kind of useful historic page.

The Magazines section should just go away IMO.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team

--kVXhAStRUZ/+rrGn