Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:40:19 +0100
From:      Fredrik Lindberg <NOfreddeSPAM@shapeshifter.se>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI/PCI-bus issue with compaq evo n160

Hi,

I have a Compaq evo n160 running
FreeBSD biocandy 5.2-RC FreeBSD 5.2-RC #10: Mon Dec  8 19:08:38 CET 2003

The machine fails (and always has) to boot with acpi enabled
(locks up when mounting /), however, I managed to find out that
booting with the following option

debug.acpi.disable="pci"

in /boot/loader.conf made the machine boot correctly and acpi related
functions such as battry monitoring worked just fine.

But, and a huge but, no pci devices are detected during boot
(maybe quite obvious because of that debug option)
All pci-devices works perfectly with acpi disabled.

Now, is there any chance to make freebsd use acpi and the
"normal" pci-bus driver at the same time, overriding the
acpi pci-bus implementation?

I believe linux has a kernel option called pci=noacpi (atleast acording to google),
which does this.

With acpi enabled scanpci reports all the pci devices, but pciconf -l
doesn't return anything.
With acpi disabled, scanpci reports all pci devices, pciconf -l
reports all devices.

dmesg output with acpi enabled
http://shapeshifter.se/~fredde/tmp/dmesg.acpi.enabled

dmesg out with acpi disabled
http://shapeshifter.se/~fredde/tmp/dmesg.acpi.disabled

Any, and I mean any, help on this will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
   Fredrik