Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:52:48 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Trying to update from Gnome 2.2 to 2.4

> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
> Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:03:54 -0500
>

> --=-7PVWTDMt8DNNeoSG5Lhu
>
> On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 13:28, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > I have a system that I want to update to Gnome 2.4. The system is
> > running CURRENT as of 12/12.
> >=20
> > Unfortunately, it all falls apart rather early since I can't re-install
> > intltool and LOTS of stuff depends on it. The install failure is REALLY
> > the failure to build p5-XML-Parser.
> >=20
> > I followed the instructions in the FAQ for upgrading and found that I
> > also had to manually update gail. But I have been unable to figure out
> > what is going on with p5-XML-Parser.
>
> Looks like you need to reinstall Perl, and make sure to use "use.perl
> port" after installing.

I have already re-built perl and, this being CURRENT, the only perl I
have is the one installed from the port (5.6.1_15). I tried 'use.perl
port' just to be sure, but it made no difference.

I'm now suspicious that I have some residual files (perhaps from V4)
hanging around on this system and causing me problems. I may just REALLY
flush out all of the perl stuff and re-install once again.

Thanks!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)