Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:23:47 -0400
From:      "Nissan Dookeran" <ndookeran@cdera.org>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to make a BSD folder map to a Windows XP shared folder using SAMBA?

I set up a SAMBA shared folder called "sandbox" on my FreeBSD test web
server to which I want the web developers to be able to upload files for
testing with the intranet webserver. The sandbox folder is a subfolder of
the apache main folder so it can be accessed via
<BLOCKED::http://machinename/sandbox>; http://machinename/sandbox.
Currently, space constraints on the testing box prevent me from copying our
entire website's contents to a subfolder within this folder, but one of the
web developer's has a copy of the website in a "Website" folder on his
Windows XP workstation's shared folders. Is it possible to create a new
folder that utilises samba to connect to this Windows user's shared
"website" folder so that I can access the folder via something like
"sandbox/website"?
If so, how do I go about doing this?
Is there a better approach to what I'm trying to do?
-Nissan