Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:44:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Urk, I take it back (was Re: Bug in p_estcpu handling on process exit in FBsd-4.x)

:    The code that causes the parent to inherit the child's p_estcpu when
:    the child exits is broken.  It was adding the parent's and child's
:    p_estcpu together.
:
:    However, the child process is initialized with the parent's estcpu,
:    so simply adding it back in to the parent will cause the parent's
:    p_estcpu to blow up after only a few fork/exec's.
:...

    Oops.  I take it back.  It's a bug, but my bug fix is not right, you
    don't want to apply that patch :-(

    It turns out to be a somewhat more complex problem.  I'm going to have
    to experiment a bit more to find the right solution.

						-Matt