Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:48:38 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        "T. Green" <theodore.green@verizon.net>
Subject:   Re: ver 5.2.1 installation

--Boundary-02=_OUzXAhVB4ewP8mJ

On Monday 22 March 2004 19:26, Doug White wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, T. Green wrote:
> > Help
> > Iwould like to know if this verison support intel ICH5 controller
>
> Seems to be working on a Tyan S2735 here at my office, but it appears Asus
> motherboards have interrupt assignment/routing problems if ACPI & APIC are
> enabled.  Otherwise it appears to be working with both PATA and SATA
> channels.

On my Asus P4P800 equipped with an ICH5 I have to disable usb to avoid=20
interrupt storms while in X (w/o X everything seems to work fine).

Truning off ACPI etc. does not boot the box at all, so I can't tell if it=20
works w/o.

I was wondering if it was my ATI graphic card (<ATI Radeon RV280 9200 SE>)=
=20
which causes the troubles, but it turned out that the same card works just=
=20
fine with an older Asus board using an ICH2 chipset.

=2D-=20
Best regards,				| mlaier@freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier@EFnet