Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:02:07 -0400
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Activating ACPI suspend on lid close?

I'm running 5.2-CURRENT on an IBM ThinkPad T41p. Though I had
originally had some of the problems others here have reported,
as with USB on resume, things seems to have cleared up by now;
I'm not sure why (perhaps something recent with ACPI support
in CURRENT has helped).

I can successfully suspend with "zzz" or "acpiconf -s 3", and
resume by hitting the power button. But shutting the cover
does nothing. Opening the cover, after having suspended with
either of the above, _does_ resume, however.

Is this something I need to configure somewhere, or is it
something that will never work, or what?

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower