Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:09:40 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd-feb@penguinpowered.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel Ethernet card not being detected

Hi all,

I just bought a server from DNUK . It claims to have the following
Ethernet card combination:

Intel PRO/1000 / 1000 Mbit / integrated
Intel PRO/100 / 100 Mbit / integrated

I've installed FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE onto the box, and all I see is em0,
I don't see an fxp0 device.

I've tried installing SuSE Linux on the machine, and it detects both
cards. For the 100Mb, I see the following in dmesg after boot:

e100: selftest OK.
e100: eth1: Intel(R) PRO/100 Network Connection
  Hardware receive checksums enabled
  cpu cycle saver enabled

I can then allocate it an IP address and it appears to work.

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can get this working under
FreeBSD ? My supplier doesn't support FreeBSD but they do support Linux,
and they've said if it works under one, it should work under the other.

--
Wayne Pascoe    (gpg --keyserver www.co.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 79A7C870)
God gave you the power - Preacher on the Simpsons