Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:40:52 -0700
From:      Andrew Elmore <aelmore@interwoven.com>
To:        "Stephen M. Jones" <smj@cirr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netbooting an install kernel

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 01:57:05PM -0500, Stephen M. Jones wrote:
> I was looking for information on doing this via INSTALL file or lists
> archives and couldn't find the information.
>
> Basically all I really need is a netboot and freebsd installation kernel
> and I'm set.  If someone could point me to these, I'd appreciate it.  (I've
> looked through the FTP site and haven't been able to find one).
>
> platform is DEC alpha 21264

I tried this recently, and I got most of the documentation I needed from
the NetBSD website [1].  I'd intended to write up my experiences, but
never quite got around to it.

But basically, to get the binaries, I mounted the boot-only iso on
box.  There you'll find the "netboot" file as well as the kernel.

Good luck!

Andrew

[1] http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/intro.alpha.html