Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:40:39 -0700
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
Cc:        Evgeny Ivanov <evgeny@networkersbg.com>
Subject:   Re: tables in ipfw2

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 01:09:14AM -0600, Nick Rogness wrote:
>  	Is there any reason why IPFW2 has not become the standard
>  	IPFW...still not stable enough or ???  IPFW2 is backwards
>  	compatible with IPFW is it not?

at the time people wanted to check it for a while to make
sure there weren't issues. I guess that given the option,
this satisfied both worlds, so nobody cared to change
the standard (the only reason for doing that would be
remove ipfw1 at the next time there is a system change
that would require an ipfw1 patch).

	cheers
	luigi