Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:02:56 +0000
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        doceng@freebsd.org
Subject:   [REVIEW] Split of Advanced Networking chapter of Handbook

The Advanced Networking chapter of the Handbook is almost 100 pages
and is certainly too unwieldy in it's current form.

I would like to split out the network server configuration sections
into a separate chapter called 'Network Servers'.  The new chapter
would contain the sections on NFS, NIS/YP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, and inetd.
The Advanced Networking chapter would still contain the information
about routing, wireless networks, natd, and other topics that it
currently contains.

You can see the built output of my proposal here :

  http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/handbook/

Or you can examine the diff here :

  http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/patches/handbook.diff

I would move the inetd section to the front of the network servers
chapter, and add an introductory section about network services.  I
would also update the preface.

Please let me know if anyone has any comments or objections.
Otherwise, I would like to make this change later this week.

  - Murray