Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:48:09 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Arun=20Swarup?= <arunswarup@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org

hi,

i am considering moving over to FreeBSD from Linux (its too hot
out there.... esp the M$ bashing)

i have a few questions/concerns

1. I want a usable workstation   &   i want to prevent
script-kiddies ripping thru my system.   Is OpenBSD necessary?

2. What if x86 goes out-of-fashion?    what happens then?
Should i move to NetBSD?

3. Will i get a job  if i learn FreeBSD  &  neglect the
inner-workings of Linux?

thx,

Arun Swarup

=====
_______

Ananda asked Kashapa: `Buddha gave you the golden-woven robe of
successorship. What else did he give you?'

Kashapa said: `Ananda.'

Ananda answered: `Yes, brother.'

Said Kashapa: `Now you can take down my preaching sign and put up your
own.'

- From `The Gateless Gate'

Yahoo! India Careers: Over 65,000 jobs online
Go to: http://yahoo.naukri.com/