Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:16:19 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Henrik W Lund <henrik.w.lund@broadpark.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: original wallpapers

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 09:37:16PM -0700, Henrik W Lund wrote:
> Bart??omiej Rutkowski wrote:
>=20
> >Hi,
> >
> >Can anybody tell me to who  I shall mail with question about my wallpape=
r=20
> >submission to became 'official' and about chances fot that? I think abou=
t=20
> >somebody form freebsd dev team.
> >
> >Thanks for any reply, r.
> >
> Greetings!
>=20
> You could just do a send-pr(1), I guess. It's the regular way for us=20
> mere mortals to submit patches, suggestions and the like. You do run a=20
> risk of it getting missed, though, so making friends with a committer=20
> would probably make actually getting things committed a bit easier.
>=20
> Mind you, though, committers are shy creatures - they mostly stick to=20
> themselves, emerging from their hideouts only to discuss really=20
> important commits among themselves (talking out of my ass here, of=20
> course ;-) ). Alternatively, you may have a better chance of getting=20
> one's attention over on -hackers or -current (although I probably would=
=20
> go the send-pr(1) route. -hackers and -current are rather strictly=20
> on-topic, I imagine).

Actually, a better route would be to make a port of the wall paper.
The base system doesn't hold much stuff that is strictly decorative,
and it doesn't include X window system stuff either.  All that
generally comes from the ports.

See the Porter's Handbook:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index=
.html
for instructions on how to create and submit a port.  As you're pretty
much just downloading a single file and installing it to some location
under /usr/X11R6 without having to do any compilation or anything, it
should be a pretty simple port to create.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way