Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:35:36 +0200
From:      "Matthias F. Brandstetter" <haimat@lame.at>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to enable del key under bash?

Hi all,

I am using FreeBSD 4.10, working under bash. I use keymap "german.iso", and
everything works fine, no problems with deadkeys or similar.

Only thing is, I can't use the "del" key. When I type a string in console,
use "home" to get to first char and then hit "del" to delete this first
char, I get a tilde (~) insted of earasing the character.

Any ideas on this?
Greetings and TIA, Matthias

--
Marge, there's just too much pressure, what with my job, the kids, traffic
snarls, political strife at home and abroad.  But I promise you, the second

  -- Homer Simpson
     Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy