Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:22:00 +0200
From:      Thiemo Nordenholz <listmember@thiemo.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X300 + USB DVD/CDRW + SD Card problem

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

Hi there,

> But when i try to insert my SD Card (256MB Transcend) i have the followin=
g:
> Oct 22 17:10:20 latitude kernel: cbb0: PC Card card activation failed

Are SD cards supported by any free OS at all?=20

I have recently started working on support for a SD card reader in my HP
Pavilion but then noticed very quickly that there seems to be no SD card
specification available unless an NDA with the SD Card Association...

So I suppose reading SD cards directly on fBSD is just not possible -- my
suggestion would be an external card reader, usually USB. Please do correct
me if this is wrong, and I'd be happy go on searching for a way to access
Winbond W83L51xD  Cardreaders.

Best wishes,
  Thiemo

--=20