Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:11:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      tip <ceds98@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to limit disk quota if loginname is number eg. 555555 not s555555

Hi,

I have two kinds of user accounts, one is all number
like '555555' and another is all alphabet like
'joesmith'. I've tried to run edquota to limit disk
quota for those kinds of user accounts. When I execute
quotacheck I got this result for username '555555'

#quota 555555
Disk quotas for user (no account) (uid 555555) : none

Thus I can't limit quota if the username is number.
However, quota works fine for alphabetical username.
How can I limit quota if its username is numeric?

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com