Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2004 05:58:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      scott renna <flexble2547@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FAT32/NTFS, external hard drive issue

Hello list,

I was wondering if you all might be able to help on
this.  I recently purchased an external hard drive
case and dropped an IDE drive into it.  It's great and
all, except that the transfer speed is limited to
1Mb/s due to an error message that I had posted on the
list a few days back(GET MAX LUN STALLED).  That's
fine, I can deal with it for now.  Here's the issue:

I created a FAT32 parition on the external drive from
/stand/sysinstall and dropped some files onto it.  I
then moved it over to the win box to see if it could
see it and sadly no.  Is there a way to set up
pseudo-drive assignments from FreeBSD on a FAT32
partition so that Windows can see it?

http://mail.yahoo.com