Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:54:08 +0000
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MYSQL connection problem

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 08:23:51AM -0300, mario.lobo@ipad.com.br wrote:
> Hello Everyone;
>=20
> I have two machines:
>=20
> 1) Free 4.10 / mysql (5.0.0) listening on port 5006
>=20
> 2) Free 5.3 Release / mysql (5.0.0) listening on port 5007
>=20
> On both, no firewalls, blocks or anything of that sort. Both machines
> have the same configuration.  Both mysql were compiled from the ports
> with the same options. The only difference between the two machines is
> the Free version and port mysql is listening on.

[---snip---]

> I can only connect on machine 2) if I use a mysql.sock file. Any attempt
> to connect via TCP/IP doesn?t work !! command line client, java
> connectors (all possible versions) none work.
>=20
> I?ve been into every single link google returned to me on the ERROR 2013
> above for 2 days now and none of them had any info to get this working.
>  Believe me, I tried every hint of suggestion there was.

I had similar problems recently.  Edit the port's Makefile, removing the
line:

                --with-libwrap \

and rebuild the port.

This worked for me - but there is probably a better way to deal with it.

Dan

--=20
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \