Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:03:19 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun W1100z Update

--KdquIMZPjGJQvRdI

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 10:32:32PM -0800, Jeffrey Katcher wrote:
> Still no luck.  Is this machine useful for anything other than Linux or
> Solaris?
>=20
> I disabled legacy USB and even tried booting 5.2.1-RELEASE.  It gets to t=
he
> kernel and I lose keyboard. =20
>=20
> Tidbit: at keyboard attach time on both I see something like:
> device_attach: atkbd0 returned 6

Looks like you are lucky enough to have one of thsoe "helpful" systems
that does just enough PS/2 emulation that you attach even when they
don't exist. :-(  You might try setting:

hint.atkbdc.0.disabled=3D1
hint.atkbd.0.disabled=3D1

at the loader prompt.  In theory that should cause the system to not
even try to probe.

-- Brooks

--=20

--KdquIMZPjGJQvRdI