Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:19:53 +0200
From:      William Fletcher <ultraviolet@turandot.net>
To:        Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSL inside jails.

--GvznHscUikHnwW2p

Hi,

I already tried the WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=3D"YES".

Come to think of it, the pkg_install-devel just won't work against OpenSSL,
even with the WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=3D"YES". I even tried looking in ports/Mk t=
o=20
see if I could figure out, it does not appear to be "honoring" the CFLAGS\L=
DFLAGS.=20

And Squirrelmail, needs php4-openssl, which I tried the same thing with...=
=20
And that fails.

Should I send-pr?

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 09:23:36PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Hallo William Fletcher,
>=20
> > I'm having a minor problem with mail/squirrelmail
>=20
> squirrelmail does not use openssl itself.
> This could be a PHP problem.
>=20
> > and sysutils/pkg_install-devel,
>=20
> set in /etc/make.conf:
> WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=3Dyes
>=20
> If this dont't work, CFLAGS or LDFLAGS are not honored, this is bug in th=
e port.
>=20
> > they refuse to install cause both of them are looking for -lssl or -lcr=
ypto=3D
> > ...=3D20
> > I need pkg_install-devel for portaudit to work in my jails.
> >=20
> > I didn't install OpenSSL in the jails, I wanted to install it from the =
port=3D
> > s,
> > which I have, but, certain packages work with it and certain refuse to =
try=3D
> > =3D20
> > and use the OpenSSL from ports...=3D20
> > Is anyone willing to help me with this problem?=3D20
>=20
> Please set WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=3Dyes
> and support a list of ports which fail.
>=20
> kind regards Dirk
>=20
> - Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
> - [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]

--GvznHscUikHnwW2p

--GvznHscUikHnwW2p--