Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:42:00 -0800
From:      Joe Rhett <jrhett@meer.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Schmidt <sos@DeepCore.dk>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   drive failure during rebuild causes page fault

And another, I can now confirm that it is fairly easy to kill 5.3-release
during the rebuilding process.  The following steps will cause a kernel
page fault consistently:

atacontrol create RAID0 ad6 ad10
atacontrol detach 5
	log: ad10 deleted from ar0 disk1
	log: ad10 WARNING - removed from configuration
atacontrol addspare 0 ad8
	log: ad8 inserted into ar0 disk1 as spare
atacontrol rebuild 0
atacontrol detach 4
	log: ad8 deleted from ar0 disk1
	log: ad8 WARNING - removed from configuration

fault virtual address = 0x10
current process = 1063 (rebuilding ar0 1%)
trap number = 12
panic: page fault

(tell me if you want or need anything I skipped above.  Got lazy cause I
had to type it in by hand...)

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek