Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:53:00 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Firefox headaches

Something's not right with firefox.

Now that I've got the printing problems more or less solved, it
crashes almost every time I hit a page with flash.

I've got the latest (from ports updated yesterday) native, and
flashplugin-firefox port.  Certain websites crash or lock it up at
seemingly random points.

By crash, I mean I get a firefox-bin.core file in my home directory.
By lock up, I mean it simply stops responding - indefinitely.  Once I
just quit for the night and next morning all I had was the window
outline.

Case in point: http://www.big-boys.com/  This one ALWAYS takes it out.

Sometimes when loading the main page, sometimes when clicking out to
another bookmark (different domain altogether) and pretty much anytime
an onsite link is clicked.

I have rebuilt and reinstalled the flash plugin since portupgrading
firefox.  I also deinstalled and reinstalled both additions - Noia
theme and TabBrowser extension - latest of both.

Anyone else?

I don't really want to switch back to mozilla, but I may have to.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Many pages make a thick book, except for pocket Bibles which are on
very very thin paper.