Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:00:54 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ross Kramer <rkramer@compete.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: em0 issues with 4.10 + SMP

On Friday 14 January 2005 02:46 pm, Ross Kramer wrote:
> What if I downgrade to an earlier version of FreeBSD, like 4.9 or 4.7?
> Would I still be running into the same problems?

I am not sure.  If so, then it would perhaps indicate more of a driver bug
than something in the interrupt code itself.

> More simply, what version of FreeBSD do you recommend? Is the latest 5.x
> stuff stable enough for production environments?

It is for some environments, but that is something you would need to test
locally yourself as I'm sure there are environments that 5.x is not ready to
handle yet.  It would be good to know if 5.x has the same problems with the
network interfaces though, and a quick boot off of a CD can probably help
determine that.