Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2005 18:19:51 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Alejandro Pulver <alejandro@varnet.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jade error: Undefined symbol "_ZNK6Origin14asEntityOriginEv"

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 11:09:22PM -0300, Alejandro Pulver wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 22:23:18 -0300
> Alejandro Pulver <alejandro@varnet.biz> wrote:
>=20
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > I installed 'docproj-jadetex' to learn how to make Docbook documents (i=
n SGML). When I run 'nsgmls' (texproc/sp) (when doing 'make' on a FreeBSD d=
ocumentation source, or manually) it outputs the following error:
> >=20
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libstyle.so.1: Undefined symbol "_=
ZNK6Origin14asEntityOriginEv

> > How do I fix it?
>=20
> Sorry, I made a mistake: the program that generated the error message was=
 'jade' (port is 'print/jadetex'), not 'nsgmls'.

You forgot to mention details about your FreeBSD installation.  Did
you formerly run FreeBSD 4.x and then update to 5.x?  If so, you need
to rebuild your ports, because C++ code compiled with gcc 2.95 (which
is the version in 4.x) is incompatible with code compiled with gcc 3.4
(in 5.3).  portupgrade is the easiest way to do this, e.g. with the -P
switch.

Kris

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q--